If you have previously qualified in hair extensions and would like to refresh your skills and techniques, we have the solution for you. Maybe a little reminder for a method you have trained, but not put into practice. This refresher will eliminate bad habits and brush up on your technique.
Learning materials, live demonstrations and advice from your original training have been converted into video format for the most effective learning experience at a pace that suits you. Once purchased you will receive an email with our newly updated manuals, step by step video demonstrations for each method and a full presentation video (covering consultations, placement, colour effects, aftercare, suppliers, marketing and much more!). You will also gain access to our exclusive graduates’ support network with advice from hundreds of other professionals.
Please ensure you book with the same name and email/postal address that you used to book your original Hair Extension Training with us. This will be used to cross-reference your booking before we send out the video training and manuals. If you have not yet completed a hair extension course, please see our training options here.
If you have previously trained with another company and would like to take a refresher course, you will need to contact us with a copy of your certificate prior to booking. Offering this course to those who have trained with another company will be at our discretion and no refunds will be given for purchases made prior to our confirmation.
All online training courses are non-refundable due to the training material being available immediately.
On every one of our courses, you will learn how to:
- Understand the industry and latest trends
- Work safely and efficiently
- Use extensions for length, thickness and different colour effects
- Complete a client consultation
- Understand contraindications
- Select the perfect method and density for your client
- Understand different qualities and textures of hair
- Achieve the perfect colour match
- Create new colour effects such as balayage and highlights
- Section the hair and apply different methods safely and securely with correct tension
- Position extensions discreetly for different methods and needs e.g. for length, volume, highlights and more
- Use cutting and blending techniques to achieve a natural look
- Perfectly style extensions with free tutorials
- Safely remove hair extensions
- Educate and provide aftercare and maintenance for your clients
- Structure pricing and understand profit for your services
- Launch and market your new business
- Use social media to assist with your new business
- Insure your new business
- Select the perfect suppliers with our recommendations and trade discount
- How to section for cutting
- Removing length from the ends of extensions
- Removing weight from extensions
- Blending the natural hair into the extensions
- Feathering and layering the extensions around the face
- How to use scissors, thinning scissors and a razor comb
At Maxwell Melia, we believe in supporting you as much as possible by sharing all our knowledge without added costs. We therefore go above and beyond to include as many extras as possible that are not included with other training providers. We want you to make a complete success of your new business.
You will also receive:
- An accredited qualification and certificate
- An online learning platform with regularly updated training manuals and videos
- Consultation forms and aftercare sheets for clients
- Training to help with social media, pricing for profit, client retention etc.
- Tutorials for styling extensions and taking perfect photos
- Guidance on creating colour effects with extensions
- Advertising for your new business
- Insurance information and business guidance
- List of various suppliers and trade discounts
- Ongoing support during and after your training
- Lifetime access to our members-only support hub