We are the most flexible training academy in the industry, making our courses more accessible, beneficial and adaptable to cater for yours and your clients’ specific requirements.
Our courses have been developed with you in mind by taking feedback from each and every one of our students and using this information to consistently improve our training. You do not need any previous knowledge or experience in the hairdressing field to complete our courses.
Here at Maxwell Melia Academy, we do not want you to waste precious time, money and energy learning techniques that are no longer relevant or are too similar to other methods. Therefore, we only offer the most up to date and popular methods available on the market, whilst still ensuring a good variety of techniques. All of these methods are the most safe and secure techniques of their kind.
Individual extensions secured using a micro ring. Now one of the most popular individual hair extension methods on the market as no heat or glue is required for this application and removal.
The latest method to hit the UK market and currently very popular among celebrities. Extremely quick application and removal using small wefts taped to the natural hair. Ideal to create extra length and thickness.
There are two course options available. You can choose all five of the latest and most popular methods in the industry, or you also have the option to choose any 3 of the 5 methods. Both courses will give you everything you need to create success in your business, including a full professional kit.
You will receive your manuals to look through before the course, then one full day of practical training, followed by the completion of two live models in your own time to achieve your qualification.
On every one of our courses, you will learn how to:
- Understand the industry and latest trends
- Use extensions other than length
- Complete a client consultation
- Meet your client’s needs
- Work safely and efficiently
- Select the perfect colour match, method and style for your client
- Select different types and qualities of hair
- Section the hair and apply different methods safely and discreetly
- Position for different looks for length, volume, highlights and more
- Use cutting and blending techniques to achieve a natural look
- Remove hair extensions
- Educate and provide aftercare and maintenance for your clients
- Structure pricing for your services
- Launch and market your new business
- Use social media to assist with your new business
- Insure your new business
- Select the perfect suppliers with our recommendations
- How to section for cutting
- Removing length from the ends of extensions
- Removing weight from extensions
- Blending the natural hairline into the extensions
- Feathering and layering the extensions
- How to use scissors, thinning scissors and a razor comb
You also receive a full professional kit so you can get started in your profitable business right away. This includes:
- Practice hair extensions
- Training head
- Scissors, thinning scissors and razors for cutting
- Hair extension pin tail comb
- Butterfly clips
- Sectioning clips
- Mini clips
- Scalp protection discs
- Finger Protectors
- Micro and nano ring pliers
- Micro and nano ring application threader tool
- Micro and nano rings
- Weaving needle and thread
- Fusion heat connector iron
- Maxwell Melia bag
You will also receive:
- Accredited certificates
- Training manual
- Consultations sheets and aftercare sheets for clients
- Social media training
- Marketing your new business and business guidance
- Insurance information
- List of suppliers and discounts for trade
- Ongoing support from tutor
- Membership and access to Maxwell Melia Academy graduates hub